Friday, June 13, 2008

Vegas, baby! (part 5) KA

KA was fantastic. It is the best show I have ever seen in my life. My expectations were high because I had seen excerpts on youtube. The show exceeded my expectations. There were many, subtle, impressive details. The costumes of the ticket handlers and their stage awareness were amazing. The theater setting and stage setting had amazing fit, finish, polish, and attention to details that were awe-inspiring, especially the color and texture. The $150,000,000 stage was, of course, spectacular but the work surrounding it was, to me, even more amazing. The actors and the show itself were great and they were, of course, the core of the presentation. But you expect that kind of super-human circus capability in a Cirque du Soleil show. The martial arts movements were on a par with "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" or "forbidden kingdom" and the fact that it was live was amazing. Some of the "flying," "vertical" martial arts scenes were not enhanced by the flight and acrobatics, especially the last fight scene. I plan to go to more Cirque shows now that I have seen one.




Wrap up


After KA, we took the monorail home and drank whiskey in Robert's room. We went to sleep relatively early and a bit tipsy because our flights went out early Sunday.

I had breakfast at Denny's Sunday morning and was a bit late coming back to the bus but they waited for me. The flights back were just as uneventful as the flights out. Eitana and Gab picked me up at the airport.

In LAX, one of the monitors (running windows) has an embarassing modal dialog box showing. We should have one global setting that disables all such embarassing displays. I believe Win7 will fix this family of problem.




No comments: