Monday, March 9, 2015

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

I never read fan-fiction and I have hated almost all fan fiction that has recently become popular (e.g. 50 Shades of Grey).  However a few years ago one of my children recommended I look at http://hpmor.com/ and I became an instant fan.  Shortly after I caught up to the last entry he posted, the author became busy in his day job and took a short hiatus from writing. So I stopped following the updates for about a year. 

kcsongneverends:My little piece of fan art for the amazing fan fiction Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.It has the family motto of the Peverells/Potters, the spell which has the power to vanquish death, and the Deathly Hallows themselves, all against
 a background of the stars.I have little art/design skill, so I just made a nice looking wallpaper. Full size.

Recently, the author started releasing updates and finished writing the final arc of the story.  He is posting the updates now and will complete the final update on or around March 15.  Fans are scheduling “wrap parties,” presumably because the first draft of the book is “a wrap” (completed).  I hope it gets published by a mainstream publisher and the author profits for his work.

In the mean time, if you start reading the book now, it will probably be complete before you finish; so you can read the final chapters as they post to http://hpmor.com  (as I am now doing).

image

I do not enjoy reading on a computer and do not use a tablet.  I do read e-books on my phone.  So I simply download the epub version of the entire book from the author’s web site here.  Anyway it’s a fantastic book in its current draft **** / ***** (4 out of 5 stars) and I highly recommend it.

No comments: