Sunday, August 1, 2021

Randomize by Andy Weir


I make earnest efforts to avoid the evil retail giant's (ERG's) pervasive, monopolistic,  ecosystems;  I always look for online and retail alternatives.  I try not to stream their online content and always look for an alternative cloud computing provider.  Other members of my household, however, have subscribed to their annual, expensive, "free shipping club" service that includes a large and growing number of benefits and perquisites.  Among the benefits is some free ebook content and I saw this Andy Weir story was available free.  The story is quite good but a little bit too short.  Hints about the characters and plot arc were a little too dense and the ideas were big enough to expand into at least novella length.  I enjoyed it and can't wait to try more of the perquisites from the ERG (sigh).  5/5 Stars

No comments: