Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Epilog: Back in WA -- Mitch and Simeon's Excellent Adventure to Berkeley 2/15/08 - 2/19/08

Bye Bye Berkeley

I never blogged the last bit of our journey Monday and I found some photos in my phone that I had not posted.

Simeon lost in the round-of-32 (called a "bubble round") in Lincoln-Douglas and in the semifinals of Impromptu on Sunday night. Therefore instead of my going hiking in Tilden park on Monday while Simeon battled for the California and Western states championships, we headed home early and slightly disappointed.

At the border between Oregon and California while I was sleeping and Simeon was tooling along, listening to John Grisham's The Appeal, we had an encounter with CHP's finest and need to remedy some things.

Here is Simeon in the car while the attendant pumps gas in Oregon.




Susan, creating partybees.


Reformed convicts washing the car in Berkeley at a church:


Headed for college in the fall!


doggie park hoodies!


Arnold, using the GPS feature of his phone:


More snaps of the campus and a self-portrait (you can tell I was running):






I like this picture in spite of the poor camera optics:

No comments: