Saturday, April 30, 2022

Raymond Chandler Books as Radio Dramas by the BBC

The BBC did a great job in transferring these Philip Marlow stories by Raymond Chandler into fun radio plays.  Included in the collection are:
  • The Big Sleep
  • The Lady in the Lake
  • Farewell my Lovely
  • Playback
  • The Long Goodbye
  • The High Window
  • The Little Sister
  • Poodle Springs
During the long airplane trips I took recently these stories were a great distraction.  I never read these "Noir" detective stories but I did watch some of the Bogart movies, so the stories were mostly new.  Chandler uses very similar plot tropes across his books but he also occasionally drops some fantastic philosophical aphorisms and high literature writing.  I am glad I got this collection on Audible. 4/5 Stars.


No comments: