Saturday, April 16, 2022

The Seven Percent Solution by Nicholas Meyer & David Case


I remember watching the fun movie version of this book in 1976 when it premiered, but I was not interested in the book at the time. Earlier this year, I read Nicholas Meyer's second Sherlock Holmes book and added this first book to my queue. The film is, fortunately or unfortunately, a very good rendition of all of the events in the book, so I knew what would happen; but the writing is enjoyable.  If you have not seen the film and like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books, I recommend this book. 3/5 Stars.  There are very many books, films, tv series, fan fiction, short stories, etc. that are based on Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes character.  I think my favorite series is by Laurie King where she chronicled the adventures of Mary Russel & Sherlock Holmes.

No comments: