Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Thinking in Systems by Donella Meadows

Thinking in Systems:
My friend Senthil asks for and shares book recommendations with me.  His 2022 list included this title so I added it to the (large) queue of "holds" at my local library. (Aside: Here is proof my library is better than yours.)  I had low expectations because the book was revised by others after Donella's untimely death and is now over 20 years old.  My fear of the sharp political slant was somewhat unfounded. The book really does make the reader sit back and think. The methods described can expand our horizons to overcome some instinctive cognitive biases.  We can use the simple approaches of the book to see many phenomena from a broader point of view. I enjoyed the book and recommend it. 4/5 Stars.

No comments: