Sunday, April 13, 2008

Best Media Player for Windows Mobile

I finally found a media player that does what I want. It plays divx movies as well as the .avi, .mpg, .mp4, and other formats. The standard player (Windows Media Player) that comes with windows mobile did not work well on my older slower phone. I have to transcode the videos and even then it would often just freeze and not play the videos. I use DrDivx to transcode DVDs to .divx format. A 2-hour movie typically uses under 150 MB of space on the 2 GB card I now have in the phone. I shall be traveling again this month so I loaded some "guy" movies that the family does not want to see into the phone ("Sweeny Todd" and the latest "Rambo"). I plan to watch them in the airport lounges and on the plane. There is still a free version of this player -- TCPMP available for download.

No comments: