Sunday, October 6, 2013

Taipei, Shanghai, Zurich Day 4 -- Taipei Sunday

The Typhoon winds have picked up in preparation for their crescendo on Monday. And the intensity (volume) of rain is higher. We had a local "diner" style breakfast at a place close to the apartment and I really loved the chile, eggs, and sweet tofu drink. It was about US$2. I don't know if I could order it without my daughter whose halting Mandarin enabled us to get what we wanted.
After breakfast we went to the University where my daughter does her homework away from her disrupting roommates.  We had coffee and discussed her career options.  She is still quite passionate and dedicated about becoming a Chinese history professor.







Then I headed out for a walking tour in the high winds and heavy rains while my daughter did her homework. Late in the afternoon when we were both hungry, we ate sandwiches at a charming punk rock themed cafe. After lunch we tried (and failed) to book my taxi back to the airport online (very frustrating).  We ate dinner at a health food restaurant.  I did not enjoy all the ginseng and herbal remedies they put in the vegetable soup I ordered but the sesame cabbage was great.

Then we came back to my apartment and drank beer, talking until late about life, the universe, and everything.  It's great to spend time with my daughter.  I miss her dearly.

More photos here.

No comments: