Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Zero Day by Mark Russinovich

I met Mark at Microsoft and he turned out to be much nicer, more approachable, personable, and helpful than people there had led me to believe.  I asked him for the source code to ZoomIt because I needed to add an enhancement.  He refused to give me his code but added the feature in 10 minutes and gave me a private build!  He was always available to present mentoring advice in the “Software Architects” classes I taught.

When I discovered Mark wrote a techno-thriller fiction novel I put the title on my stack to read.  I just finished reading the book; it was much better than I expected and I have new respect for Mark’s versatility and story-telling.  The technology in his story is, of course, spot-on perfect as I had expected but more importantly, the characters, story-line, and pacing are very-well executed.  Recommended (****).

No comments: